What Now? Care after Fall Services
posted by admin @ 9:38 PM
Friday, September 23, 2011
Thank you for your business! We really appreciate you choosing Happy Roots to help maintain your lawn, landscape and sprinklers. Below you will find a few tips on what to do next.
Please call or e-mail us if you have any questions or comments regarding the services performed on your lawn today. E-mail:Les@ColoradoHappyRoots.com Phone: 303-457-8300
After Service Care:
- -If your lawn was aerated, leave the plugs. They will disappear in a couple of weeks through watering and mowing and are good for the lawn. They help break down the thatch layer, and if you have low spots, you can rake plugs into these areas to help level them out.
- -If your lawn was fertilized, water it in as soon as you can, the fertilizer is activated by water. If possible, wait until you water it in a couple of times before mowing. If you need to mow, mulch the grass instead of bagging it.
- -If your lawn was over seeded, water it in the same as the fertilizer and stay on a regular watering schedule for as long as possible to keep the soil moist, this will help with germination of the seed. If you have thin or bare spots, hand water them a couple of times a day for a few weeks to help the seed germinate in these areas, once it gets cold, the seed will not germinate until next spring. Seed does take good soil contact, moisture and heat to germinate.
- -The key to making the products and services we perform on your lawn work is proper watering. Don’t water too much or too little, make adjustments to your sprinkler clock regularly through each season to avoid your lawn drying out or wasting water and causing other problems by over watering. Also, it is a very good idea to winter water with a garden hose and sprinkler once or twice per month through the winter months, unless we are getting sufficient amounts of snow. Winter watering will help prevent spider mites from taking over and killing large areas in your lawn. Your grass is still alive in the winter, not dead, it’s dormant and winter watering is great for the roots of your lawn.
- -If the weeds in your lawn have been sprayed, wait 24 hours to water.
Services you may be interested in this fall/winter. Call or email us for details and pricing.
- -Sprinkler Winterization
- -Leaf Clean-up
- -Yard Clean-up, Pruning of Shrubs and Trees
- -Junk Removal and Hauling
- -Snow Removal
- -Outdoor Christmas Lighting (You provide the lights we put them up.)